This is an ongoing list of upcoming tech events in/around Austin or especially relevant to the groups I participate in. It shouldn't be considered perfect but is pretty good.
This is limited to approximately 90 days for sanity's sake. Everything is in Austin unless otherwise noted.
- 17-19th — TwilioCon 2013 in San Francisco – If you're working with or building on the Twilio platform, this is the event for you. There is something for everyone with technical workshops, a business track, and after parties.
- 19-21st — RESTfest in Greenville, SC – This is one of the single best places to get into the details of REST and hypermedia concepts. It is not for the feint of heart but definitely open to newcomers who are willing to learn.
- 27-29th — Lean Startup Machine – a weekend experience validating or invalidating business/product ideas
- 28-29th — Battle Hack Austin – a Paypal sponsored hackathon where the top prize is a literal battle axe. That's opposed to a figurative literal battle axe.
- 30-Oct 2nd — A List Apart Austin – The design conference for people who make websites.
- 6-8th — Captivate Conference – a conference focused on further blurring the lines between musicians, game developers, and other creatives
- 7-10th — ZendCon in Santa Clara, CA – The biggest PHP conference each fall
- 7-11th — Austin Startup Week – it's like SXSW but less social media and more people doing things
- 21-24th — ESRI's GIS Forum – The place for GIS information, training, and discussion
- 29th — Tech Stars Austin Demo Day – The inaugural Demo Day for the Tech Stars Austin program. This will wrap up 12 weeks of work including planning, research, development, and sales.
- 15-16th — HackTX – A student-focused hackathon but all are welcome
- 5th Longhorn Startup Lab Demo Day – Demo day for our own local student-startup incubator